Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cleansing Fast Days 10 & 11

Well the last two days have been interesting to say the very least!  I got to experience the whole travel thing while doing a fast and that is much harder than one might think.  It did work surprisingly well even with my husband in the vehicle eating McDonalds Sausage McMuffins, chips and candy.  
But my resolve has abandoned me.  I have lost my want to and I have pretty much accomplished what I had set out to do on this go around.  I also have not been reading my Bible the last couple of days and that means I am not where I am supposed to be in my head.  
Admittedly, this has been one of the hardest fasts that I have ever done.  I have completed extended fasts previously but this one has just been tough all the way through.
One of the things that I have been praying about is whether the "Raw Foodist" lifestyle or "Vegan/Vegetarian" lifestyle is something that I should adopt for my own life.  Through much prayer and deliberation, the answer to that question at this point in my life is and abrupt, "NO!"  
I resolve to maintain a healthy eating pattern and I will not allow those reduced pounds to sneak back up on me.  Diet and exercise will continue to be a strong focus.
I want to thank each and every one of you that has followed this process, who has prayed for me and been my cheerleader.  I greatly appreciate all that you have done!!  
With being out of town, I didn't get the principles of fasting and the breaking a fast basics posted.  I will plan to work on those and get them posted for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment