Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cleansing Fast Day 3 & 4

Hi everyone!  I neglected to get here yesterday to report in but all is well!  I will cover two days worth of events in this post to save us all time and get cuaght up!
Yesterday, day 3 was a tough one.  I had major cravings all day long from sweets, to salt to spicy.  Just about anything would have tasted absolutely wonderful.  My pain level was greatly reduced after I went to see my Reflexologist (Morris Hartman).  We found out I had a lot of toxins built up in my lymph glands.  I also had several vertebra that were acting like adolescent children.  Once we got those things back in order, I felt pretty good!Lol!!
Today, Day 4 has been relatively uneventful!  Whew!  Over the hump!  It should be easier from here on.  The first 3 days are usually the most difficult.  Today, I didn't have the cravings, in fact I can't even say I was really hungry.  I only drank about half the amount of smoothies that I have been drinking.  The reduction in hunger is a good indicator of the stomach shrinking.  Praise the Lord!
I haven't spoken about the spiritual side of a cleansing fast and I feel like it is such an important part that quite honestly I have neglected pretty much since the beginning of this process.  Don't get me wrong, I am in prayer regularly but I also need to be in God's word. I have a friend who tells me often, "Get in the word!, Get in the Word!  Get in the Word!"  She is so right!  How can we grow closer to the Lord if we are not in His word?  The word of God, the Bible is the only way to get to know the heart of our Creator, Lord and Savior.
I have many reasons (excuses) but none of them are truly worthy of listing here and honestly we all know that reasons or excuses are just our way of rationalizing or justifying what we know we should have done in the first place.  Heaven forbid!  That's one of my Grandma's saying's (she's no longer with us).  For Heaven's sake is another one of her sayings that I think I will use to get me back on track!
For Heaven's sake!  I need to Get in the Word!!Lol!!  Hope you are in the Word too!
Here is a song that has stuck with me since Sunday when we sang it in church and one that is the cry of my heart as I look for cleansing within my entire body!


Create in me a clean heart, oh God
And renew a right spirit within me
Create in me a clean heart, oh God
And renew a right spirit within me


Take me not away from Thy presence, oh Lord
And take not Thy holy spirit from me
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation
And renew a right spirit within me
Create in me a clean heart, oh God
And renew a right spirit within me
Create in me a clean heart, oh God
And renew a right spirit within me

No comments:

Post a Comment