1. Avoid milk and dairy products. nature's perfect food-- only if you are a calf.
2. Eat a low glycemic, low sugar diet. Sugar and flour products all drive up insulin and cause pimples.
3. Eat more fruits and vegetables. People who eat more veggies (containing more antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds) have less acne. Make sure you get 5-9 servings of colorful fruits and vegetables every day preferably in a raw form for added nutritional benefit.
4. Get more healthy anti-inflammatory fats. Make sure to get omega-3 fats (fish oil) and anti-inflammatory omega-6 fats (evening primrose oil). You will need supplements to get adequate amounts.
5. Include foods that correct acne problems. Certain foods have been linked to improvements in many of the underlying causes of acne and can help correct it. These include fish oil, turmeric, ginger, green tea, nuts, dark purple and red foods such as berries and green foods like dark green leafy vegetables.
6. Take acne-fighting supplements. Some supplements are critical for skin health. Antioxidant levels have been shown to be low in acne sufferers. And healthy fats can make a big difference. Here are supplements to consider:
- Evening primrose oil
- Zinc citrate.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
8. Avoid foods that cause sensitivity. Food allergies are among the most common causes of acne--foods like gluten, dairy, yeast, and eggs are common culprits that can be a problem
For Skincare and cosmetic products visit: http://www.kisstorganics.com
Now I'd like to hear from you.
Have you struggled with an acne or skin problem? What seems to be a problem for you?
What other steps have you taken to fight acne? What has worked? What hasn't?
Please share your thoughts by leaving a comment below.