Our body gives us signs and symptoms when something is out of line or going wrong. These symptoms are designed as a warning system. A warning system is generally put in place so that a person can take necessary precautions to avoid danger or further damage. More and more, we should pay attention to our body and determine ourselves what it is telling us. An important place to start is the liver, and it always provides unquestionable signs when we are doing it damage.
Signs of liver damage
The liver carries a lot of responsibility as the primary filter for our body system. The liver works to protect other organs by removal of toxins and chemicals storing or removing anything that might cause damage.
Does your liver need help? If you have any of these signs of symptoms, it does.
- Puffiness between eyebrows
- Unable to tolerate cold in winter (this could also be related to thyroid)
- Feel feverish and find summer very uncomfortable
- Coated tongue (this can also be related to thyroid/candida yeast)
- Bad breath (this can also be related to candida yeast)
- Excessive sweating
- Dark urine
- Small red 'spots' the size of a pinhead that come and go in various parts on the body
- Skin problems such as eczema, acne, hives, itching, rashes. Skin may have dark pigmentation or spots on face, back of hands, forehead, or around the nose
- Jaundice (yellowing of skin)
- Eye problems (sensitivity to light, moving spots, double vision)
- Whites of eyes become yellow
- Loss of weight
- Sinus and tonsil issues
- Alternating constipation and diarrhea
- Headaches, dizziness, and shivering
- Loss of appetite
- Mental outbursts
- Inability to concentrate
*Your liver is your first line of defense but many of these symptoms are associated with other health problems as well. Consult your holistic health care practitioner for more assistance.
How did this liver damage occur?
Since our liver is a large filter, everything we consume or take in through our mouths, skin, nasal passages, etc. must pass through it. The standard American diet (SAD) is every bit a problem. Sad doesn't even begin to cover it. Living in an area where you breathe the fumes from vehicles, factories and other environmental pollutants also takes effect.
If you have never completed a liver detox,
-Your liver is storing remnants of drugs, vaccines, birth control, and prescriptions that have been taken throughout your entire lifetime.
-Fats from meat, dairy and fried foods, as well as flour products, weaken the liver
-Improper food combining can cause a weakened liver state
-Extreme fatigue and lack of proper sleep can also weaken the liver. If you find you are sleepy after eating, and/or feel wide awake at 1 or 2 a.m., you have sustained liver damage.
How do we heal the liver?
- Herbs like milk thistle, artichoke leaf, and dandelion leaf
- High quality probiotics
- Daily exercise (walking,stretching and rebounding are excellent)
- Getting plenty of rest (but not immediately after meals)
Your liver is also directly connected to your gallbladder, the center for many emotions including anger. Helping your liver to be more healthy will also help the gallbladder and directly effect negative emotions bringing them into balance
You have maybe heard the commercials that say "Love your liver." This is true! Removal of any item that is irritating to your liver helps your body as a whole which will help you to enjoy life more, love the state of health that your body is adapting while increasing youthfulness and longevity that you so richly deserve. So start loving your liver today, and remove all the things that irritate it!
adapted from natural news