Your liver is like the main housekeeper for your entire your body. It constantly works to clean and remove all the toxins you put into it, from chemicals in the foods we eat to air pollution, it is the first line of defense to keep all of our internal organs and systems running smoothly. The modern diet, environmental pollutants, and our increasing dependence on toxic personal care products have put our livers on serious overtime.
For this reason, it’s important to know how to clean and take care of your liver thoroughly. effectively and naturally.
1. Warm Lemon Water - Warm lemon water is a great way to detox your liver every single morning. This isn’t your typical lemonade, so don’t add sugar, artificial sweeteners or anything else. Just purified water and a healthy dose of fresh lemon juice.
2. Garlic - Add some garlic to your cooking or thinly slice a clove into your next salad. Garlic contains sulfur compounds that can help activate enzymes in the liver. It contains allicin and selenium, which are both good for liver protection
3. Avocados - As if you need another reason to add avocados to your diet, a Japanese study found that avocados contain compounds that can protect the liver from damage.
4. Cilantro - This versatile herb can be added to just about any dish, including salads or smoothies. This herb can help remove heavy metals from the body, something your liver could be struggling with right now.
5. Turmeric - Another powerful spice with a long list of benefits, turmeric is said to not only protect the liver from damage, but also encourage regeneration of liver cells. In addition, it increases natural bile production and aids in keeping the body toxin-free.
6. Milk Thistle (Silymarin) delivers exceptional anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant benefits to your liver. It helps to rejuvenate liver cells and support healthy liver function. Milk thistle is supportive of overall liver health and efficient at cleansing and strengthening the liver. Milk thistle is used effectively for both preventative medicine and as an effective cure for liver diseases when used in combination with diet and lifestyle changes.
7. Artichokes are a member of the milk thistle family. As a natural diuretic and choleretic, artichokes stimulate bile production, improve gallbladder function and aid in a more efficient breakdown of foods for overall improved digestion.
One of the major benefits of artichokes to your liver is that they are a natural defense against hepatoxicity [toxicity of the liver]. They guard your liver cells from damage caused by outside pollutants, carcinogens and toxins.8. Dandelion roots are used for cleansing the liver. Compounds in the root cause an increase in bile production. The increase in bile helps to improve digestion. The increased bile production also helps the liver to digest foods and remove toxins quickly and efficiently cleaning the liver. Dandelion is also full of vitamins and nutrients, which promote hepatic healing.