There's no reason that anyone subjected to pain should have to suffer it unaided. The only thing to be careful of is that if the pain is repetitive, the underlying cause should be diagnosed by a medical practitioner. Just treating the symptom may mean delaying a diagnosis that could have significant impact on your general health.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Inflammatory bowel disorders
- Peppermint-great as an overall stimulant/muscle relaxer and one that can readily be applied to children and can also be taken internally when used in Therapeutic grade.
- Roman Chamomile - great as a muscle relaxant
- Lavender - an excellent sensory calmer/relaxer as well as wonderful natural pain reliever. One of the best suggestions for dealing with painful burns.
- Clary Sage - lowers heart rate and blood pressure, reducing stress and tension
- Wintergreen - many of the pain relieving ointments on the market contain wintergreen. It is a pretty robust sensory stimulant and works well on muscular aches and pains and joint pain as well.